Thursday, May 3, 2012

From the Sports Chest: Arkansas Razorbacks Autographs, 1976


1976 – As a seven-year-old Razorbacks fan on this day, I do not even recall how I got these autographs. It seems like there was a parade in Little Rock near War Memorial Stadium for some reason. My mom took me and offered her red, white & blue 1976 Pocket Secretary booklet to use as an autograph book. I can’t make out every signature (any help would be appreciated) but believe this was a red-letter day for Razorback autographs as I secured the following players: Leotis Harris, Jerry Eckwood, Ron Calcagni & Jimmy Walker (Razorback Football), Sidney Moncrief (Razorback Basketball) and David Mitchell (Arkansas State Football). This autographed page is proof that Razorbacks & Indians (now the more politically correct Red Wolves) players once mixed in the past and came together to make a little boy’s day with a simple swipe of the pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment