Monday, May 7, 2012

From the Sports Chest: Arkansas Razorbacks 1994 Corliss Williamson Autographed Sports Illustrated Magazine


April 11, 1994 – The Arkansas Razorbacks won the national championship in college basketball in 1994. I first met Corliss Williamson the summer before his freshman year at the U of A. He and Scotty Thurman were roommates at the same apartment complex my wife & I lived in near campus. I knew who they were and being a big Hog fan, had hopes that they would help the team win. Never did I imagine how many games these 2 players would help Arkansas win during their 3 seasons together (1992-1993, 1993-1994, 1994-1995).

I was living overseas the day that Arkansas became national champs. I had to celebrate from afar and missed out on sharing this experience with my fellow Hog fans. My wife gave me this framed SI magazine signed by NCAA Final Four MOP (Most Outstanding Player) Corliss Williamson for my birthday last year. I’m extremely proud to be a fan of the Razorbacks basketball team and will be forever grateful to a power forward from Russellville High School who took Arkansas on his back and to the Promised Land – 1994 national champs!

No comments:

Post a Comment