Wednesday, May 2, 2012

From the Sports Chest: Arkansas vs Texas 1989 Baseball Game Ticket

April 29, 1989 – Arkansas vs. Texas is an event in any sport. I didn’t attend many Arkansas Razorbacks baseball games during my days as a student at the University of Arkansas, but when my interest level changed when the Burnt Orange came to town. As Ernie Banks would say, “Let’s play two!” The Hogs won 2 games on this day at George Cole Field, 8-4 and 14-7, and won the series against their hated Southwest Conference rival. My ticket is for the first game (Saturday at 2:00) and I don’t recall if I saw both games that day. I do remember having a great time, giving the downward Hook ‘em Horns sign a lot and enjoying a day at the ballpark. Coach Norm DeBriyn and the Diamond Hogs were co-champions of the Southwest Conference, finished 51-16 on the season and made it to the College World Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment